Would mental health problems stop me from joining?
Not necessarily, but you couldn't join any branch of the armed forces if you suffered from any of the following:
- Ongoing psychiatric illness
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Personality disorder
- More than one episode of deliberate self-harm of any type
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Alcohol, drug or substance dependence
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) unless free of symptoms and not requiring treatment for at least three years.
- Anorexia or bulimia
[Source: Armed Forces Careers Office Form 5, January 2009]
<< Back to navy questions
Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 January 2010 15:32